Why Working Women from Pune suffering from Overweight ?
There are large chunk of population whose job requires them to sit on a desk for long time periods, due to poor lifestyle and eating pattern they are prone to obesity and metabolic disorders as mentioned previously.
“Grappling with weight management could pose psychological problems and affect not only eating habits but also lead to depression. Long-term stress influences hormones, which control appetite and stimulate metabolism, resulting in insulin release and hunger for more food.”
A majority of the women working in the information technology (IT) and biotechnology (BT) sectors gain weight as they spend 10-12 hours sitting at their terminals (computers) in a controlled environment.
“Most of the ‘knowledge workers’ admitted during the survey that their walks were confined to going to a restroom or fetching coffee, tea or snacks from the office pantry or cafeteria. Their work poses a hazard to their health
Follow simple steps to avoid these and start noticing positive benefits in your overall health!
- Make sure you walk for 45 mins a day.
- Intense workout for at least 4 days a week.
- Have a habit of meal or crunch diet at interval of 4 hrs.
- Compensate your diet habit as per your metabolism.
- Keep social gathering to minimum (once a week)
- Give importance to having balanced filling breakfast.
- Make sure you include 2 fruits per day in between meals.
- Explore ways which reduce your stress level.
- Sleep for 7-8 hours per day.
- Shodhan- Panchakarma treatment as per season to restore metabolism.
Dr.Shailesh S. Phalle MD (Ayurved consultant )
Ayusanjivani ayurveda ,PUNE