Here are the descriptions of basic tips for asthma treatment this can be effectively used to manage asthma.
- Ayurveda for asthma treatment :
Due to modern faulty lifestyle, uncontrolled pollution and rapid industrialization, allergy, allergens, bronchial asthma has become common among children, adult and aged people. Ayurvedic herbal supplement, natural remedy and dietary treatments are good for the disorder. This disease comes in the paroxysm of dyspnoea and during the attack; the patient goes in extreme agony, perceives darkness, feels thirst and become motionless. On account of frequent coughing and expectorant, the patient faints and remains in extreme distress till phlegm is cough out.
- Herbal tea made up of Trchyspermum, (Ajwain), Ocimum sanctum (Tulsi), pepper, and ginger is useful natural expectorant for it.
- Panchakarma is very useful for asthmatic patients.
- Vasa, an Indian herb, control bronchitis, a boon and known for cough remedy.
- Turmeric, a bronchial herb, is highly useful for the chronic condition taken with milk.
- Glycyrrhiza glabra (Yashtimadhu), soothe the trachea and prevent airways obstruction.
- Herbs like albezia lebbeck, clove is useful for bronchitis.
- For natural cure of the condition and to get some relief, rub brown mustard oil on the chest.
- Massage with sesame oil on the chest is a very useful alternative treatment.
- To minimize congestion and reduce breathlessness, drink some pepper + 1 teaspoon honey + little onion juice. It is one of the natural ayurveda remedies.
- More intake of fluid should be taken if one suffered with dryness of it.
- To reduce asthmatic trigger, grind 2-3 gram of nagar and Bharangi, take this medicine mixture thrice a day with lukewarm water.
- To ease the severity of bronchitis, take a mixture of Sitopladi Churna + liquorices+ borax powder and honey, thrice a day.
- Chewing of the fruit chebulic myroblan at night allay asthmatic attack.
- Powdered of bay berry bark an effective remedy for bronchial patients.
- Garlic reduces the asthmatic severity.
- Ginger can be used for bronchial asthma for its expectorant properties.
- Yoga for asthma cure :
According to Yoga, the main cause of Asthma is digestive disorders and allergens. Food if not digested properly, produces toxic juices in the system and causes obstructions in the respiratory tract resulting in the state of breathlessness. Yoga has in-depth potential to prevent such attacks without using drugs. Here, some of the best yoga information on the condition and bronchitis treatment is giving.
1.Sirsasana (the head stand pose): The lungs gain the power to resist any situation and stand up to any work, which may relieve one from cough and tonsillitis.
2.Sarvangasana (shoulder stand pose): Sarvangasana improves respiration and helps in treating bronchial problems.
3.Utthanasana (the squat and rise pose): Utthanasana helps to empty impurity from lungs and gives the feeling of supercharge of energy.
4.Paschimottanasana (the fierce or powerful pose): Paschimottanasna improves the efficiency of spinal nerves and has beneficial repercussions throughout the body.
5.Dhanurasana ( the bow pose) stretches the chest and put suitable pressure for the expansion of the lungs as well as alveoli thereby increases the intake capacity of the bronchial.
6.Bhujangasana (the cobra pose): Bhujangasana expands the chest more than usual, thus helps to improve breathing and lungs capacity.
7.Salabhasana (the locusts pose): Salabhasana improves the functions of lungs.
8.Urdhva Mukha Sanasana helps to chest expansion thereby increases lungs elasticity.
9.Virasana( the hero’s pose) is good for asthmatic patients.
10.Uttan Padasana( the raised foot pose) Uttanpadasana gives full expansion to the chest wall and keep the bronchial healthy.
11.Ardha Matsyendrasana (the half spinal twist pose): It is one of the important asana for proper functioning of lungs thereby helps in controlling the condition.
12.Kriyas like Jala neti and Suta neti control sneezing though reducing sensitiveness of nasal path.
13.Backward bending and forward bending postures help in exhaling and inhaling respectively.
14.Pranayama keeps the lungs healthy due to free flow of fresh air into the air alveoli and bronchial.
15.Kapalbhati (frontal brain bellowing) this yoga pose is useful in making respiratory muscles stronger and improves the general tone of the muscles.
16.Bhastrika Pranayama(the bellow Pranayama): It open up the air cells of the lungs.
17.Surya Bheda Pranayama( the psychic supercharger) is too useful for it.
18.Uddiyana Bandha and Agnisara are beneficial for bronchial problems.
19.Kunjal (vomiting) is prescribed with saline lukewarm water if the person facing chronic coughs. It removes excess cough instantaneously.
20.Meditation relieves asthma.
- Diet for Asthma :
Chew your food properly and eat slowly with relax mind. To avoid over-fullness on chest, always eat less than your capacity and avoid imbalanced diet. If diet changes as per complementary and alternative medicine, there is a greater chance to bring relief in asthma. One should take diet as per COPD guidelines. Children are also at greater risk of the condition because some foods are the biggest trigger of asthma attack among children. Children with obesity are prone to it, so diet, weight loss regime and fitness is must here to reduce cholesterol.
- Green leafy vegetable, fresh fruits and herbs are quite effective for the condition due to its antioxidant features.
- Onion contains ‘quercetin’, an anti-inflammatory compound and considered as most effective remedy.
- Hot pungent may make breathing easier by opening air passage.
- Predominately vegetarian diet is the good option for the patients.
- The therapeutic aspects of Tulsi can’t be ignored.
- Nasal acuteness can be minimized by taking turmeric along with honey.
- Eating of ginger and black pepper is advisable.
- Take more and more lukewarm water.
- Asthmatic diet should contain of limited quantity of diet and laghu aahar (light diet ) according to ayurveda.
Foods not for asthma :
- Avoid sugar, rice, pickles, ice cream, cold drinks, curds etc. as all those help in phlegm(Cough ) formation.
- Spicy and pungent foods should also be avoided.
- Foods like cider, wine, beer and cheese may provoke asthma attack.
- Allergen foods that are responsible for it are meat, eggs, fish, shellfish, milk, chocolate, food preservatives etc.
- Asthma prevention and precautions :
There are so many ways to control and prevent asthma. First of all, your surrounding should be neat and clean. It is a wise decision to keep himself away from asthmatic triggers like pollutants, dust, smoke, medications, pollen etc. Foods such as rice, sugar, lentils and fried one should be skipped as these items helps to form phlegm.
- Bronchitis patients should always eat less than their capacity.
- Keep away from cold and damp places.
- Eat slowly and chew your food properly.
- Give much more thrust on Yoga.
- Avoid dusty places.
- Keep yourself away from mental worries and stress.
- Pranayama should be in your everyday routine.
- Take proper quantity of water daily but not after with meal.
- Walking, especially brisk walk should be preferred.
- Spices, pickles, tea and coffee should be avoided.
- During asthmatic attack, taking of warm water is preferred.
- Excessive eating should be avoided.
- Take light dinner.
- Avoid Tobacco, alcohol, Gutka, Pan Masal, etc.
- Smoking invites severity, acuteness and chronicity.
- Air conditioners and coolers are also harmful.
- Evade perfumes, repellents, deodorants, aftershave and air fresheners.
- Don’t drink cold water.
- Do moderate exercise.
- Avoid over indulgence in sex.
- Bedroom should be free from allergens.
- Wash your mattresses regularly.
- Avoid cleaning of house through broom.
- Do swim to ease your chest.
- Cold and heavy meal should be avoided.